The Microscope Suite, Rm 212 MEB, has been added to the MNMS Cleanrooms suite. The MNMS Website has been updated to reflect this addition, with 6 pieces of equipment and their respective trainings added. The following 3 tools are available for trainings/use. Please request trainings on the MNMS website.
- SEM - Cambridge S-200 (Available)
- Cambridge S200 Scanning Electron Microscope. Theoretical Magnification: 0.6X-5KX at 300V, 6X-50kX at 3kV, 30X - 280kX at 30kV.
- Sputterer - SEM Sputter Coater
- SPI 11425 and 11430 Sputter Coater with Gold Target for quick conductive coating of SEM samples.
- Polytec laser vibrometer is used to measure displacement or velocity of vibrations. The Polytec OFV-3001, frequency range: DC to 20MHz, velocity rang: 0.3um/s to 10m/s.
The following pieces of equipment are installed but are not quite ready for use. An email will be sent out when these tools are ready for trainings.
- SEM - Hitachi S570
- Hitachi S570 Scanning Electorn Microscope. 20X-100kX magnification w standard specimen stage .12X-100kX with large-sized specimin stage. 0.5-30kV accelerating voltage. 150mm maximum specimen diameter. 6mm, 15mm, or 50mm diameter stub size.
- Alpha Step D-500 Surface Profilometer with a 2µm tip
- Microscope - Leica DMIRE
- The Leica DMIRE inverted microscope has top and bottom illumination along with a UV light source and a motorized stage. There are 3 light cubes for fluorescence work including DAPI (Ex 360nm/Em 470nm), FITC (Ex 480nm/Em 527nm), and Rhodamine (Ex 546nm/Em 600nm) as well as a brightfield cube. The spectral outputs of the cubes are on a data sheet near the microscope. There are 5 objectives including 2.5X, 5X, 10X, 20X, and 50X. The microscope does have a camera and software for image generation.